Saturday, February 14, 2009

Eight Heads in a Duffel Bag…

Wow! Alright I admit that I really could not come up with a better title for tonight’s post. Read on, it might make sense.

First of all, I am going to be redesigning (and renaming) this blog over the coming weeks. I won’t be changing the format or style, mainly because I believe that anyone that is reading this for the information contained herein is in dire need of the lightheartedness (wow, that’s really a word!) with which I present it. Searching for a job is a drag, even when you know how to do it. It can also be down right depressing to send in resume after resume and not get a single call. Let’s face it, I am getting tired of being turned down for cashier positions at McD’s (but it is hard to compete with a 16 year old when you have twenty years of experience). Hey don’t sweat it. The job market will turn around soon.

Sorry, I got diverted from my subject for tonight. Where was I? Oh yeah, the redesign. I haven’t decided what I am going to change, I am trying to decide on a new title. Subject matter will remain based on career search and employment, however I may change the perspective a little.

Several weeks ago I joined a networking group thinking I could make some contacts I could use to further my search for employment. Listening to the people in the group I realized that very few people know what they are doing or how to conduct a job search. Duh, wait, did I miss that class in school too? No, it's not a subject that they teach in school. Of course I had to open my mouth and say my piece and afterward I was approached by several from the group giving me kudos and asking for help. Ding, Ding, Ding…Light Bulb…Hello is anybody home? What have I been doing for all my faithful readers, all two or three of you the past few weeks in my chronicles? Teaching you the methods and tricks of the trade the professional career coaches and resume writers teach and use.

So I have come to the conclusion that while I am looking for a position, I am also going to start consulting and providing resume services for others. I have already updated my status on my networking pages. Now here.

Second, well there really isn’t anything else tonight. Keep your chin up, something will come along. If you are feeling lost or do not know what your next move is, feel free to contact me at mbailey40@comcast.net and we’ll see what I can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment